How is Psilocybin Therapeutic?
There is a growing body of medical research that helps us understand why psilocybin is such a powerful therapeutic tool. Here’s how it works:
For the complete listing of all psilocybin-related studies, take a look at the below organizations who are dedicated to researching the effects of psychedelic/psychoactive compounds.
Click logos to read research
MycoMeditations & Imperial College London Research
Since 2018, many of our guests have contributed to the Ceremony Study conducted by the Centre for Psychedelic Research at Imperial College London. The study set out to measure how long participants reported positive impact from their psilocybin experience and broke new ground by including non-clinical providers in their research.
While further scientific studies are needed, the preliminary results reported by MycoMeditations guests are promising.
As of March 2021, there were 181 participants from MycoMeditations that were studied for baseline data, followed by post ceremony data of 57 participants at two weeks, 79 at four weeks, and 32 at six months.
- Studied using the Watts Connectedness Scale (WCS), which measured the degree of connection that each participant experienced to themselves, others, and the world.
- MycoMeditations participants experienced increased feelings of connectedness by 35% four weeks after attending, and remained increased by 35% six months after attending.
- Studied using the Quick Inventory of Depressive Symptomatology Scale (QIDS), which was designed to assess the severity of depressive symptoms.
- MycoMeditations participants experienced reductions in depressive symptoms by 51% four weeks after attending, and 34% six months after attending.
- Studied using the Warwick-Edinburgh Mental Well-being Scale (WEMWBS), which was developed to enable the monitoring of mental well-being in the general population.
- MycoMeditations participants experienced improvements in psychological well-being by 18% four weeks after attending, and 12% six months after attending.
- Studied using the Mystical Experience Questionnaire (MEQ), which is made of subscales consisting of: unity, transcendence of time and space, sacredness, noetic quality, positive mood, and ineffability. According to the MEQ, a ‘complete’ mystical experience is counted when someone ranks above 60% on each of the subscales.
- In 17% of sessions, MycoMeditations participants experienced a complete mystical experience.
- Studied using the Social Connectedness Scale (SCS), which assesses the degree to which people feel connected to others in their social environment.
- MycoMeditations participants experienced improvements of social connectedness by 23% four weeks after attending, and 17% six months after attending.
Our Psilocybin Mushrooms
MycoMeditations has its own cultivation company, which provides our retreats with top-quality psilocybin mushrooms. This cultivation company, operated entirely by locals of Treasure Beach, helps us support the community and spread awareness and knowledge about psilocybin mushrooms in the area. Our psilocybin mushrooms is lab-tested to ensure optimal potency and consistency.
Does Psilocybin Sound Like the Medicine for You?
MycoMeditations provides a rare opportunity for you to legally work with psilocybin in a therapeutic environment optimized for transformation.
If this sounds like a journey you would like to try, we invite you to join us.